Zones DNS des domaines enfants d’un site (CyberPanel)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bigue Nique
    Keymaster

Contexte

Pour créer des adresses @québec.tk (et redirections mail appropriés), on doit pouvoir :
    – Configurer les zones DNS du domaine (ajouter les entrées MX, SPF, DKIM et DMARC)
    – Configurer les adresses et les redirections elles-mêmes

Le problème

Quebec.tk et xn--qubec-csa.tk sont actuellement des alias (ou plutôt, en réalité, des domaines enfants partageant le même dossier racine) de fiatlux.tk. CyberPanel ne permet ni d’éditer les zones des domaines enfant (ce qui nous permettrait de récupérer les clés DKIM), ni apparemment d’ajouter des adresses pour ce domaine. Il semble que ces fonctionnalités se limitent aux domaines principaux des sites dans CyberPanel.

Investigation

Edit DNS zones from Child Domains

(Forum CyberPanel, 13 février 2020)

Ma réponse à https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/4442/edit-dns-zones-from-child-domains :

Investigating the same problem here. It seems:
    – DNS zones are only editable for domains which are a website’s main domain, child domains don’t show up in editable/deletable DNS zones.
    – When trying to manually add zones in CyberPanel, it shows error : «Cannot create DNS Zone. Error message: (1062, «Duplicate entry ‘‘ for key ‘name'»)».

I just tried this, but I get the same error.
    1. Deleting the child domain
    2. Adding the zone manually (doesn’t work)
    3. Re-creating the child domain

So it also seems:
    – CyberPanel doesn’t clean up DNS data left behind when deleting a domain.

Testing with a new (imaginary) domain:
    1. Creating the zone manually first (success message, but actually fails)
    2. Adding domain as child domain

– Adding the domain first show a success message, but the domain doesn’t show up as editable/deletable, so there’s no point of moving to step 2.
    – Subsequent tries to re-add the domain shows the same «Duplicate entry» error message as above.
    – We now know that «cleaning up» old DNS data left behind won’t solve our problem.

So now I find myself poking my dirty fingers inside CyberPanel’s database.
    – In Database > PHPMyAdmin, DB ‘cyberpanel’, we find THREE relevant tables : ‘domains’, ‘edomains’ and ‘websiteFunctionswebsites’
    – Table ‘domains’ has more domains than available as editable/deletable zones — but it’s not consistant with the domains that fail to be manually created (some are there, some are missing — for instance my imaginary domain doesn’t show up here)
    – Table ‘e_domains’ almost perfectly matches the editable/deletable domains (one is missing from the table…)
    – Table ‘websiteFunctions_websites’ matches perfectly the list of editable/deletable domains (even the ordrer)!

And that just makes me realize that the list of editable/deletable zones is a perfect match of CyberPanel’s list of actual websites. No more, no less, same ordering (oldest first).

Conclusion: the only way to edit the DNS zones of a domain in CyberPanel is to use it as the main domain for an actual website. There is no way to edit zones for add-on domains.

Then:
    – What’s the point of the «Create DNS Zone» function, if you can’t edit the created zone?

Conclusion

C’est plutôt embêtant.

Pas trop le choix de créer un site pour québec.tk si on veux créer des adresses sans bidouiller CyberPanel et risquer de briser la compatibilité avec les updates.

Disons que l’aspect gestion DNS de CyberPanel est encore primitif.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.